HISTORIA15: EL AÑO 2020. 2020 (MMXX) will be a leap year starting on Wednesday in the Gregorian calendar. It is the 2020th year of Common Era (also called Anno Domini), the 20th of the 3rd millennium and the 21st century. It also will be the first year of the 2020s decade.
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Centuries:||20th century – 21st century – 22nd century|
|Decades:||1990s 2000s 2010s – 2020s – 2030s 2040s 2050s|
|Years:||2017 2018 2019 – 2020 – 2021 2022 2023|
|Ab urbe condita||2773|
|Bahá'í calendar||176 – 177|
|Byzantine calendar||7528 – 7529|
— to —庚子年十一月十七日
|Coptic calendar||1736 – 1737|
|Ethiopian calendar||2012 – 2013|
|Hebrew calendar||5780 – 5781|
|- Bikram Samwat||2076 – 2077|
|- Shaka Samvat||1942 – 1943|
|- Kali Yuga||5121 – 5122|
|Iranian calendar||1398 – 1399|
|Islamic calendar||1441 – 1442|
|Japanese calendar||Heisei 32|
|Thai solar calendar||2563|
|Unix time||1577836800 – 1609459199|
2020 (MMXX) will be a leap year starting on Wednesday in the Gregorian calendar. It is the 2020th year of Common Era (also called Anno Domini), the 20th of the 3rd millennium and the 21st century. It also will be the first year of the 2020s decade.
 Predicted and scheduled events
 Unknown dates
- The main segment of track extending from San Francisco to Anaheim of the California High Speed Rail system is expected to be completed.
- JAXA plans to send robotic astronauts to the Moon, followed by human astronauts
- 2020 Summer Olympics - The host city will be announced in mid 2013
- ISRO plans to send a manned space mission to moon.
- This is the year that the Hong Kong MTR South Island Line east section is expected to be completed.
- Last nuclear power plant in Germany scheduled to shut down
- British newspaper The Guardian published a series of magazines in September 2004 predicting life in 2020. These predictions include widespread use of artificially intelligent cars, "smart" clothing incorporating computer chips, and green energy sources.
- Mapping the Global Future: Report of the National Intelligence Council's 2020 Project was published in December 2004 with a long-term view of the future. The NIC is the center for midterm and long-term strategic thinking within the US Government.
- In Australia, Queensland is expected to overtake Victoria as the second most populous state of the nation.
- Global oil production is expected to peak.
- The Russian Federal Space Agency says that they plan to be mining helium-3 from the moon by this year.
- Earliest year that power aboard the space probes Voyager 1 and Voyager 2 is expected to terminate (though either probe may function past this date).
- NASA Venus Surface Explorer mission to Venus (part of the New Frontiers program)
- Several underdeveloped countries have plans to become developed countries by 2020:
- Trinidad and Tobago becomes a developed country under the Vision 2020 development plan initiated by Former Prime Minister Patrick Manning. (Current Prime Minister, as of May 24th, 2010: The Hon. Kamla Persad-Bissessar) .
- Malaysia becomes a developed country, under the Wawasan 2020 plan initiated by former Malaysian Prime Minister Mahathir Mohamad.
- Chile becomes a developed country.
- India becomes a developed country as pledged by President A P J Abdul Kalam.
- Oman becomes a developed country under 2020 long term development plan.
- Pakistan becomes a developed country under 2020 long term development plan.
- Philippines becomes a developed country as pledged by Former President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo.
- Shanghai is set to become an "international financial centre and global shipping hub."
- If current trends continue, according to the United Nations, the Aral Sea could disappear completely by this year.
- Volvo hopes to use radar, sonar and other advanced technologies to create a crash-proof car by 2020.
- The IBM Institute for Business Value concluded from their study "Automotive 2020: Clarity Beyond the Chaos" that all automobiles will have some level of hybridization by 2020. Toyota's vice president in charge of powertrain development also believes that all Toyota cars produced will be hybrid vehicles by the year 2020.
- Cars that drive themselves on smart highways, 3-D video conferencing, artificial brain cells, artificial lungs, artificial kidneys, identification of the genetic links of all diseases - all these have been predicted for 2020.
 In fiction
 Computer and video games
- Games set in 2020:
- Raid 2020 (1989)
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles in Time (1991): The Level "Neon Night Riders" Takes place in 2020.
- Super Baseball 2020 (1991)
- Keitai Denjū Telefang (2000)
- Command and Conquer: Generals (2003)
- Half-Life 2 (2004)
- Perfect Dark Zero (2005)
- Ace Combat X: Skies of Deception (2006)
- Crysis (2007)
- Tom Clancy's EndWar (2008)
- Supreme Ruler 2020 (2008)
- MAG: Massive Action Game (2010) The second war of the S.V.E.R starts off in 2020
- Films set in 2020:
- Television programs set in 2020:
- Songs about 2020, or including 2020
- Ace Enders and a Million Different People has a song on their debut CD, The Secret Wars called "Bring Back Love (Year 2020)" It is about helping the financially unstable and bringing back a general love among humans.
- In Head Automatica's song, "Graduation Day", the music video foretold that in the year 2020, the goth girl who is graduating will become the President of the United States.
- In Eminem's song, "We Made You", from his 2009 album Relapse, the rapper mentions the year 2020 in the outro of the song, in the line "Dr. Dre, 2020, Yeah!".
 See also
- ^ "the associated press: Japan aims for walking robot on the moon by 2020". http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5ioijx5DLWQ4vTbjJmhNgHsNszNhwD97AVVSG0.
- ^ "Timeline: The Frightening Future of Earth". http://www.livescience.com/environment/070419_earth_timeline.html.
- ^ "Moon". http://english.pravda.ru/science/tech/17-03-2006/77404-moon-0.
- ^ "Aral Sea". http://www.infoplease.com/ce6/world/A0804507.html.
- ^ "Volvo". http://blog.wired.com/cars/2008/05/volvo-promises.html.
- ^ "Hybridization the Norm". http://www.hybridcars.com/carmakers/hybridization-be-norm-2020-0819.html.
- ^ "Toyota". http://www.motorauthority.com/cars/toyota/toyota-cutting-hybrid-costs/.
- ^ Eyewitness Future, by Michael Tambini (2004), ISBN 0756606845
- ^ "TV programs worth watching". http://www.cpa.org.au/garchve05/1223worth.html.